Payroll Analyst / Senior Data Validator
Are you an expert in NZ Payroll and the Holidays Act? Do you love data and are naturally inquisitive? Then this role may be for you!
Integrity 1 is an independent, fast-growing Payroll, HR, HRIS and Management consultancy business and have an exciting opportunity to join our team in Wiri. We have expertise and extensive experience in helping organisations implementing new HRIS, Payroll and Time and Attendance systems. Alongside this we assist with consultancy, project and program management, system reviews and are heavily involved in MBIE Holidays Act remediation projects.
We have an amazing opportunity within our very talented team, for someone who has a unique skillset of being able to analyse large amounts of data and ensure compliance in accordance with the NZ Holidays Act.
Purpose of the Role:
- Analyse a client’s payroll calculations and entitlements and assess the results against compliance via modelling in respect to payroll legislation / EA’s
- Identify underlying issues and validation model outputs
- Provide an accurate picture of an organisation’s status in respect to its legal obligations from an objective and independent viewpoint
- Provide insight across historical leave calculations and measure against compliance with the law
- Validation of recalculated data via both data analytics and manual checking of individuals
- Identifying potential poor practice in clients’ payroll systems/processes that are causing errors
- Reporting findings back to the client at times and to assist the remediation team in addressing specific issues in addition to general remediation modelling
- Understanding and advising clients of the extent of issues and need to both fix systems and processes as well as remediate, where necessary
- Delivering high quality results on time and on budget
- Improving efficiency and rigorousness of existing processes for future use
- Data extraction, cleansing, modelling to establish correct calculation of entitlements and payments
- Good working knowledge of all MS Office Applications
- Excellent data analytics, mathematical, numeracy and/or modelling skills
- Ability to understand data relationships/dependencies
- Excellent attention to detail, and prioritising skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of a variety of payroll systems used in New Zealand
- Understanding of the various legislation surrounding payroll, specifically the Holidays Act 2003 and its practical application
- Understanding of SQL based programming
- Bachelor of Commerce with Accounting or Finance Major and/or
- Bachelor of Computer Science
*In the absence of the required education, the successful Candidate must be able to show proven work experience as a Data Analyst or Auditor of at least 3 – 5 years.
Have a look at our website www.integrity1.biz and if you think that you are a good fit and have what we are looking for then apply today!
Kindly note that applicants will require rights to work in New Zealand.